"Loading..."

Church of Santo Spirito

Primary tabs

Church of Santo Spirito

The small church of Santo Spirito is located along the Bramante Street of the then Santa Lucia district. The documents give rise to the origin of the Church in 1554, even if a congregation of the Holy Spirit existed since 1398. The exterior facade consists of a triangular pediment, while two simple lateral pillars delimit a large window surmounted by putti. The interior is in a single rectangular classroom and the treasure of this small church is made up of barrel vaults, divided into fifteen panels representing the four prophetied the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit. On the walls there are fourteen canvases depicting the Virgin, the Maddalena, and perhaps the apostles of the Cialdieri. Behind the main altar triumphs a splendid Pentecost, perhaps attributed to Federico Zucca. On the sides of this altar there were two "The Crucifixion and Pentecost" paintings by Luca Signorelli, now exhibited in the National Gallery of the Marche.

Places of Faith
Via Bramante
61029 Urbino (PU)

Launch Calculate path

E.g., 2022-06-19
E.g., 21:19